View from my backyard

View from my backyard

Standing Tall

Standing Tall

Fields of Color

Fields of Color

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blog September 22,2010 "Selling My Photographs"

Well summer is coming to and end and I have been selling my photographs in Ocean Beach on Fire island. The Art gallery is named The Laughing Gull, they sell local artist's artwork They have painters, photographers jewelery makers, pottery etc.I's a nice feeling to be able to sell your photographs to know that people appreciate your photographs and pay money for them. Each month I would get a check and a list of all the photos I sold. The Gallery closes at the end of  September so I will be picking up whatever wasn't sold. I sold 5x7 matted and 8x10 matted photographs. I also had two framed pieces that were sold.. The boardwalk on my profile is one of the photos I sold. That photo won third place in the Bacca photography competition out of  approximately 90 photographs. I really enjoy taking pictures of  things at the beach  especially boardwalk scenes. I also sell my photos in a gallery in Babylon Village, they are open all year long. Babylon Village also had a artist fair that I attended this summer. I am hoping that I can pursue a career in photography in the future.



.     

No comments:

Post a Comment